Thanks to everyone who came out on May 3rd for our Immigration in Charlottesville event. It was a lively panel discussion, and just one example of the kind of community programming Women United hopes to continue.
A very special thanks to our panelists for making it so engaging and educational. Please click through to their organizations’ websites to learn more about what they do and how they serve our community:
- Rebekah Compton, DNP, RN, FNP-BC, Associate Medical Director, Family Medicine Clinic, University of Virginia
- Harriet Kuhr, Executive Director, International Rescue Committee
- Jon Nafziger, Executive Director, Jefferson Area CHIP
- Ellen Osborne, Executive Director, Literacy Volunteers of Charlottesville/Albemarle
- Deena Sharuk, JD, Immigration Attorney, Law Office of Edward Summers, PLLC
If you enjoyed this event, please consider volunteering on our Events & Programming Committee. We need creative, passionate people to continue our mission!