Fall Grant Awards Luncheon
October 1 @ 11:30 am - 1:30 pm
Please join us at our 2021 Grant Awards Luncheon where we will award $40,000 in grants to three non-profits serving local women and children. This is our opportunity to celebrate these non-profits, and your opportunity to show support of WUP’s role in strengthening our community.
We will be awarding two $17,500 grants; the 5 finalists are:
- All Blessings Flow;
- Charlottesville Public Housing Association of Residents;
- Cultivate Charlottesville;
- Nearby Baby; and
- The Free Book Bus.
We will also be awarding one $5,000 grant; the 2 finalists are:
- Charlottesville Rotary Club-Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library Program and
- Yellow Door Foundation
Our guest speaker will be Jennifer Feist, a founding member of WUP and founder of the Dr. Lorna Breen Heroes’ Foundation. The Foundation’s mission is to reduce burnout of health care professionals and safeguard their well-being and job satisfaction. They envision a world where seeking mental health services is universally viewed as a sign of strength for health care professionals.
The Foundation has three main bodies of work targeted at making a long-standing impact on this issue:
- Advising the health care industry to implement well-being initiatives;
- Building awareness of these issues to reduce the stigma; and
- Funding research and programs that will reduce health care professional burnout and improve provider well-being.
This event is open to the public. You do NOT have to be a member of Women United to attend.
Individual tickets are $90. There will also be various levels of sponsorship opportunities for this, our major fundraising event. Both tickets and sponsorships can be purchased here, starting in early August.
Please join us to celebrate our new grant winners, listen to a riveting discussion on mental health and pressures on health providers, and enjoy a delicious meal among your peers who have a like-minded vision to help our community.