Fall Grant Awards Presentation
October 1 @ 11:30 am - 1:00 pm
WUP will be formally announcing our Grant Award winners on Friday, October 1.
Due to the recent rise of COVID-19 cases in our area, and the recommended safety precautions we have received, WUP has cancelled this event.
For our 2021 Grant Awards, we will award $40,000 in grants to three non-profits serving local women and children. This is our opportunity to celebrate these non-profits, and your opportunity to show support of WUP’s role in strengthening our community.
We will be awarding two $17,500 grants; the 5 finalists are:
- All Blessings Flow;
- Charlottesville Public Housing Association of Residents;
- Cultivate Charlottesville;
- Nearby Baby;
- The Free Book Bus.
We will also be awarding one $5,000 grant; the 2 finalists are:
- Charlottesville Rotary Club-Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library Program and
- Yellow Door Foundation
We plan to hold a future event to enable Jennifer Feist, a founding member of WUP and founder of the Dr. Lorna Breen Heroes’ Foundation to share the progress made in supporting the well-being of health care professionals.
The Foundation has three main bodies of work targeted at making a long-standing impact on this issue:
- Advising the health care industry to implement well-being initiatives;
- Building awareness of these issues to reduce the stigma; and
- Funding research and programs that will reduce health care professional burnout and improve provider well-being.