Women United in Philanthropy is a volunteer organization. All members are invited to participate in our Committees and to nominate other members to serve. Our Committees work together to fulfill our mission to engage like-minded women, learn about community needs and philanthropy, and leverage collective giving to support human services for local women and children. To volunteer, email your interest to WomenUnited@UnitedWayTJA.org.
2019-2020 Steering Committee
- Allyn Gutauskas, Steering Committee Chair
- Jennifer Lehman, Immediate Past Chair
- Elizabeth Wright, Communications & Marketing Chair
- Alaina Schroeder, Communications & Marketing Vice Chair
- Kendra Stribling, Grant Chair
- Connie Horan, Grant Vice Chair
- Kelly Downer, Membership Chair
- Tamara Wilkerson Dias, Membership Vice Chair
- Alicia Lenahan, Program & Events Chair
- Mary Anne Grant, Program & Events Vice Chair
- Suzanne Brooks, Member at Large
- Shannon Holland, Member at Large
- Kristin Cummings Streed, Member at Large
- Peggy Woodall, Member at Large
- Ravi Respeto, United Way Liaison
- Caroline Emerson, United Way Liaison
Communications & Marketing Committee
The Communications & Marketing Committee shares news and information with members and our community. Our key responsibilities are to promote the mission and vision of Women United, serve as ambassadors for the organization, and engage our members and the community. We welcome anyone with skills or interest in media relations, marketing, social media, writing, and website or graphic design.
- Elizabeth Wright, Chair
- Alaina Schroeder, Vice Chair
- Karen Barnes
- Shannon Holland
- Carol Lindsay
- Elizabeth Willingham
The Grant Committee serves Women United in Philanthropy’s mission of strengthening our community through the impact of collective giving. Through a comprehensive and transparent annual process, the Committee manages the nomination and selection of grant recipients. This process includes accepting nominations from Women United members, issuing RFPs, reading grant proposals, reviewing non-profit financials, committee engagement and on-site visits.
Calls for 2020 Grant Committee volunteers begin in December 2019.
Our 2020 Grant Committee will be led by:
- Kendra Stribling, Chair
- Connie Horan, Vice Chair
The Membership Committee is not only responsible for new member recruitment, but also for engaging and retaining our current members. Working closely with Communications and Program & Events, we are looking for new, creative ideas to engage our members and increase event and committee participation.
- Kelly Downer, Chair
- Tamara Wilkerson Dias, Vice Chair
- Margery Daniel
- Mary Pat Hanson
- Emily Martin
- Anna Patchias
- Kristin Sorokti
- Peggy Woodall
Program & Events Committee
The Program and Events Committee provides dedicated experiences for Women United Members and prospective members through both educational and social events. We manage program topic selection, speaker/participant selection, and coordinate venue and logistics at the event. Our goal is to be informative, fun and engaging for all our members.
- Alicia Lenahan, Chair
- Mary Anne Grant, Vice Chair
- Deborah Conway
- Anna Mendez
- Deana Nowell
- Kristin Cummings Streed
- Beth Vanda
Women United in Philanthropy is a volunteer organization and we are always looking for members who want to be more involved. If you would like to be a part of any Committee, please email WomenUnited@UnitedWayTJA.org.